Microsoft Flame[tm] [NOISE]

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Thu Dec 21 10:52:58 PST 1995

 Forget about the monopoly aspects for a second and look
>at MS as an American success story. It has all the classic elements: started
>small, with a crew of social misfits and eventually grew up.

>RobL
>Rob Lowry         |
>PO Box 288        |
>Rockford Wa 99030 | ral at otc.mhs.compuserve.com           robl at on-ramp.ior.com

Well, I disagree.  Microsoft succeeded  primarily because it was "chosen" by
IBM in about 1981 or so, needing an OS for their PC.  MS didn't even write
it; Seattle Computer did, and that was a port of CP/M.  Not much creativity.
MSDOS revisions 1.0 and 1.1 were pure crap.