Motorola Secure Phone

David E. Smith dsmith at midwest.net
Sun Dec 17 18:43:47 PST 1995

At 04:34 PM 12/15/95 -0800, you wrote:

>	My AT&T 900 (or is it 9000?) MHz digital cordless phone says
>the same thing. I figure it uses a weak cryptosystem. There is
>something about key setup when you return the handset to the base.
>	(The phone was $200, FWIW)

That just refers to the fact that it is no longer legal to sell
scanners that can listen in to that range.  The same is true
of the 800 MHz band (used for a lot of cellular phone traffic).
Ah, I love my really old scanner that isn't bound by such
limitations...  (BTW, a couple of years ago Nuts & Volts ran
an article with information on a program and some toys that let
a laptop computer, properly wired into a cell phone, act as a
cell scanner.  Never did wire it up, but it looked like fun ;)

ObCrypto: um, if you can find it, let me know :)

----- David E. Smith, c/o Southeast Missouri State University
1210 Towers South, Cape Girardeau MO USA 63701-4745, +1(573)339-3814
PGP ID 0x92732139, homepage http://www.midwest.net/scribers/dsmith/
Dec15-Jan15: (618)244-3340/2209 Perkins, Mt Vernon IL 62864Quote: "If I wanted thrills and danger and lots of rampant violence,
I coulda been a postal worker!"  -- Ben, "Sensational Spider-Man"