BosniaLINK (and other unnecessary posts)

attila attila at primenet.com
Sun Dec 17 14:24:52 PST 1995

attila sez:

    it seems unreasonable to stifle all of the associated political
posturing and infomercials from our "only natural criminal class" [Mark
Twain], but I took 10 days of the full list and ran it through some of
text processing and retrieval routines --80% of the characters delivered
contain _only_ policy arguments, and another 10% are more or less off the
mark.

    No one has time to monitor (moderate) the list to reduce this load
--are we ready to turn that job over to hardwire analysis? [I see little
value in AI in this case, but I'm sure some will disagree <g>.]

    Let's put it this way: if we were a radio or television station,
they'd pull the plug for our static or white snow....

    procmail gets rid of Dr. Fred, or even the mention of Dr. Fred, but is
not intelligent enough to sort for the presence of key words from either
side of the fence (you must pass it if there are technical references even
though Bubbha appears in the text).

   I have more than adequate text retrieval and text syntactic routines
--is that where we are headed?