Pornographic stories

Jon Lasser jlasser at rwd.goucher.edu
Fri Dec 15 12:11:37 PST 1995

On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Dr. Dimitri Vulis wrote:

> > 	In fact I've suggested to several people that we start
> > 	a dial-up uucp revival for this and related reasons.  (If
> > 	the number of users/webpages and the bandwidth usage continues
> > 	to increase at the recent rates -- without a corresponding
> > 	improvement in the infrastructure we'll probably all want to
> > 	may be faster than T1 access in a few years and direct point-to-
> > 	point uucp over ISDN is probably faster already.
[...]
> > 		Anyone else want to participate in the great '90's
> > 		uucp revival?  I'm in Santa Clara and could use
> > 		some feeds and some help with the setup.
>
> I'm all for it. My site is connected to the rest of the world via dial-up
> UUCP, I haven't touched the setup in 5 years, and am not planning to.
>
> It might be interesting to have a variation of dial-up UUCP where site 1
> passes encrypted stuff to site 2 and doesn't quite know what site 3 they're
> supposed to go on to. Sort of like the remailers with encryption.

This definitely seems like a good idea to me, especially with the
encrypted link.  Is the encrypted link software written, or need we hack
a few perl scripts?

The mechanics seem simple enough....

JonJon Lasser                <jlasser at rwd.goucher.edu>
(410)494-3072
          Visit my home page at http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
  You have a friend at the NSA: Big Brother is watching. Finger for PGP key.