e-mail forwarding, for-pay remailers

Andrew Loewenstern andrew_loewenstern at il.us.swissbank.com
Thu Dec 14 21:55:41 PST 1995

E. Allen Smith writes:
>         There's one problem with this in regards to the "no necessary
>  connection," and that 's the governmental requirement for mail
>  forwarding. MBE and any legal other one will want to see at least
>  two forms of ID including one photo, and have a form that they fill
>  out using that and send to the local post office. Anyone have a
>  way around this problem?

Why does an account provider need a snail-address and phone-number?  Usually
for billing purposes.  However, this isn't necessary for accounts paid with
ECash.  I believe C2.org already offers non-dialup access accounts, paid for
with ECash, that do not require a valid snail-address or phone-number.  I am
sure that there will be many more to come.

andrew