ADDRESS DATABASE?

John Pettitt jpp at software.net
Thu Dec 14 13:35:35 PST 1995

At 01:32 PM 12/14/95 -0600, turner at TeleCheck.com wrote:

>Just think, with new and improved "interactive TV" you will be able to
>get commercials tailored to your purchasing habits (A doctor would get
>an commercial for an expensive car, while Joe Sixpacks would get the Ford
>Fiestiva).

I'm doing it now - software.net serves distinct ads to Mac, Windows, Text
and Unix based browsers.

On the name database side the PO runs somthing called National Change of Address
which tracks who moved where and allows direct marketing companys to clean
their lists.  Almost everybody sells address change data (utilities, the PO,
credit companys) - I'm getting tons of "welcome to the neighbourhood" mail
since I moved.

John Pettitt
jpp at software.net
"why not, and who said so?"