NT Password Security Update. Registry values changed!

Peter Trei trei at process.com
Wed Dec 13 08:42:45 PST 1995

> Ted Cabeen wrote:
>
> > Well, I did some more research into the NT password security issue and I
> > discovered that I can get access to the Security section of the registry

> How did you do that?  The SECURITY section is always greyed out and the
> operating system will not allow you to change the permissions on it.

> If you did indeed gain access to that area then you've probably found a
> flaw in the tamperproof capabilities of NT.
> - Andy

Andy, do you have Administrator privs on your NT system? I too seem
to have full access to all registry entries, including all under Security.

M$ may have some hidden areas in the registry (security by obscurity),
but I can't see anything that says 'sorry, you can't look here'.

Speaking for myself.

Peter Trei
Senior Software Engineer
Purveyor Development Team