e-Cash: CAFE vs. Mondex

Ed Carp (ecarp@netcom.com) ecarp at netcom.com
Wed Dec 13 00:39:24 PST 1995

> Date:          Tue, 12 Dec 1995 11:34:58 +0100
> To:            David Klur <dklur at dttus.com>
> From:          Matthias Schunter <schunter at informatik.uni-hildesheim.de>
> Subject:       Re: e-Cash: CAFE vs. Mondex
> Cc:            pfitzb at informatik.uni-hildesheim.de, WMI at ZURICH.IBM.COM,
>                cypherpunks at toad.com, WWW-BUYINFO at allegra.att.com

> Dear Mr. Klur,
>

> I'm member of the CAFE consortium but I can not answer your question.
> As far as we know, the details of the Mondex protocols are still
> confidential (or only available under a non-disclosure license).

Oh, I see.  Is this another one of those "we won't let you make sure
that your money is safe with us, you'll just have to trust us" sort
of things?

Security through obscurity was never a very strong selling suit,
especially to those who know that STO very likely hides a very weak
encryption/authentication scheme.