YOUR ADVICE AND HELP PLEASE......

Terence Joseph Mallon tjm at easynet.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 10:38:33 PST 1995

Dear fellow Cypherpunks,

I write to ask for your help.

In the new year I am to begin a three level internet course - beginners,
intermediate and advanced. Both privacy and security have been and are an
interest of mine  and unlike many courses which I have approached and
conversed with I do not see these areas as some remote aspect of the
advanced level - I see them as constituents of each level, through out the
levels, and certainly from the beginning - as I have lurked here for the
past while as a subscriber and prior that from afar I believe we all would
agree with this.

Yes, I am a virgin cypherpunk but not a virgin to both privacy and security
as growing up in Northern Ireland I have seen them both in abundance and at
other times lacking - the official / the unofficial - how they both took
away life....

What I write to ask for is some pointers to direct me and if possible some
personal comments in regards to these aspects. I personally use PGP but am
ignorant to where this program is in the broader field of cryptography and
what other programs are which have been mentioned on the mailing list.

Excuse my lack of knowledge in technical terms but I am acute to them in
the realm of the street. THE STREETS HAVE CHANGED TO CABLES AND THE
BUILDINGS HAVE BECOME CPUs - WE ARE ALL
GRAPHICS/TEXT/SOUNDS/VIDEO...........LANGUAGE.

Can you please help me, as this information shall be passed on to others to
make them aware and to help them - as it has helped you all, as it is
helping me....

Thanking you all, in anticipation of hearing from you and wishing all a
very happy as well as a safe Xmas and a lucky new year.

Yours faithfully,

Terence.

"Irish eyes are smiling, I miss the emerald isle."