NSA rigs Crypto machines according to Balto Sun

hallam at w3.org hallam at w3.org
Mon Dec 11 13:12:18 PST 1995

>So, is this what happened at Crypto AG? Is this what happened at
>Netscape? We may never no for certain, but there is a final
>warning for the folks at Netscape that is buried the Sun's
>article about Crypto AG:

No it is nothing like what happened at Netscape which was a common or
garden cock up. It was simply the result of miscommunication between
two groups of people being the original and new security team. Taher
et al thought that the random number seed was OK because they discovered
a design document describing it. Unfortunately the code had not been
written to implement that design.

	Phill