E-Mail Privacy (CP boo)

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Sat Dec 9 05:33:56 PST 1995

Forwarding Cyberia-L mail by: hayam at actcom.co.il (Avraham
Hayam) on Sat, 9 Dec  6:16 AM
-------------------

Greetings,

The only way for E-Mail Privacy on the internet is -
ENCRYPTION.  You don"t have to be an Internet Expert to
understand that data which is not encrypted is open for every
one.

On Oct. 20 1995 Andy Jonson-Laird <andy at jli.com> sent a most
interesting data to the list concerning that the user has
absulutly no control ever how the data is routed. A Mail that
he sent to an address which is at the distance of 11 miles
actualy did 1200 miles.

It may be  " The end of days vision" that privacy will be
maintained without encryption. With the ongoing danger from the
Cypherpunks, we must use very strong Algorithms. A French
"algorithms cracker" recommended not long ago that the
commercial sector have to use not less than 128 bytes based
algorithms.

I will appreciate to receive list members opinion.

Avraham Hayam
IT Systems Security Consultants - ITSSC
P.O.Box 11233 Jerusalem, 91112 ISRAEL
Tel: + 972 - 2 - 761 803; Fax: + 972 - 2 - 769 263
E-Mail: hayam at actcom.co.il