BoS: Netscape 2.0b2 allows for invasion of privacy (fwd)

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Dec 8 13:00:13 PST 1995

At 8:33 PM 12/8/95, Bill Kuhn wrote:
>Talking of Netscape - this posting prompted me to forward it given the
>security and privacy implications inherent in the problem.
>
>Cheers
>Graeme

"'Net Dwellers" or "Det Weilers"? Hmmhhh....

In any case, this has already come up a couple of times on the Cypherpunks
list, and was even commented upon by Jeff Weinstein of Netscape a couple of
days ago. The bug was fixed in b3.

I really encourage people who are not following the list more carefully to
check the back traffic before posting bug reports.

Forwarding messages is often the culprit in this, as the forwarder simply
assumes we may be interested, but he has himself not been following the
thread.

--Tim May

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.