Internet Stocks

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Dec 8 09:34:26 PST 1995

At 4:45 PM 12/8/95, Ashfaq Rasheed wrote:
>Can this be made a regular feature on the list? It will be helpful to
>discuss on the Internet companies are doing in the stock market.
>
>Also it would be interesting to see if any startups have a strong product to
>survive in the market

It won't be a regular feature by me, that's for sure! What others write is
of course up to them.

As I said in my message, I'd gotten some queries in e-mail, enough to
indicate justification for one public message summarizing a bunch of
points. Especially seeing as how these stocks have been very much in the
news this week, and have been discussed on the list.

But this is not "StockPunks," so I don't plan to comment unless something
important comes up. Investors (and speculators) are well-served by various
news sources, including the "Wall Street Journal," which also carries at
least one great article per day, and sometimes even two.

A bonus URL for you folks: http://www.ai.mit.edu/stocks.html

--Tim May

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.