[NOISE] Re: PGP

Hroller Anonymous Remailer hroller at c2.org
Wed Dec 6 14:58:26 PST 1995

> > you really ought to be more thoughtful about what and how you write on
> > the cypherpunks list...

** Vast numbers of double spaces deleted **

>     The how is referring to not double spacing isn't it.  Sorry,
> I've been up for the last couple of days and didn't even realize it.
> What do you mean what I write about?

He means that this is NOT alt.security.pgp - we are not here to teach you
how to use a bloody C compiler or to summarise README notes for you.
RTFM.

> > anyway,  the PGP code from MIT should compile on nearly all unix
> > machines.  i'm not sure it will compile with a g++ compiler though.  all
> > unix type machines should have uncompress, tar, (g)cc.  just get the
> > source from MIT.
>
>       I am not an idiot.  I must have downloaded PGP from about 20 million
> different places.  They are all either missing files, some times the
> darn code won't compile, or when I "tar xvf" half of the files bring
> up an error and the computer says it can not create the file.  I'll try
> the address that you've sent.  Hopefully I will have better luck.

You want help, but supply minimal information.
Post your problem to the appropriate place - alt.security.pgp, and supply
a bit of information - what version of the source are you trying to
compile, what Unix platform, what version of the C compiler, etc.

?