Secret Clearance

Aleph One aleph1 at dfw.net
Wed Dec 6 10:28:35 PST 1995

On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

> The problem is that they are subject to blackmailed/bribed/subversion ONLY
> because the employer will use the info as an excuse for firing/restricting
> the employee. If someone has a "skeleton in the closet" such as being gay,
> so long as the employer does not discrimate against gays who INFORM the
> employer of their sexual orientation or if the employer does not care about
> the person being gay (ie: removes it a potential blackmail threat) there is
> no problem so far as I can see. It is only when there is something that is
> WORK RELATED which would affect the person's performance if not known that
> the question of a background check is relevant.

	Thats not compleately true. He may not care that his employer know
that he is gay, but he would not anything for say his old mother and father
not to know. You cant never be sure about what people *really* care about.

Aleph One / aleph1 at dfw.net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01