New version of SSL 3.0

Phil Karlton karlton at netscape.com
Tue Dec 5 17:46:20 PST 1995

[This is the second try at sending this message.]

SSL 3.0 protocol has been substantially changed from earlier drafts to
fix a number of performance and cyrptographic issues. The latest version
can be found as PostScript in a compressed tar file on

        ftp://ftp<N>.netscape.com/pub/review/ssl-spec.tar.Z

where <N> is a digit in the range [2-8]. An HTML version should be
available in a day or two. I will post the URL when that happens.

Netscape is also in the process of submitting this draft to IETF.

Questions and comments about this specification should all be directed
to ssl-talk at netscape.com. Answers and replies will be posted there. We
are quite interested in your feedback.

As new eyes see the spec for the first time, I suspect that we will be
notified about typos and areas that are not as clear as they should be.
As a result, there will probably be an update in 2 weeks or so.

PK
Philip L. Karlton               karlton at netscape.com
Principal Curmudgeon            http://www.netscape.com/people/karlton
Netscape Communications