SF NSA FOIA appeal hearing canceled on the 6th. Go to San Jose!

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Tue Dec 5 03:44:38 PST 1995

> At 9AM on December 6 in San Francisco, the 9th District Court of Appeals
> will finally hear the appeal of my original FOIA case against NSA.

Wrong!  The three Court of Appeals judges who were selected to review
my case have decided that there is no need for "oral argument" (a
hearing).  They will simply decide based on the written briefs that
they got a year ago when we did the appeal.  This probably means we'll
get a decision sooner rather than later, but we don't know how it will
come out.

Sorry for the false alarm.  I just found out last week.

So, you can feel free to go to Roger Schlafly's crypto patent validity
case in San Jose instead.  I'll repeat the info he provided, below.

	John Gilmore