Suggestion for CP browser

Dan Bailey dan at milliways.org
Sun Dec 3 08:55:00 PST 1995

On Sun, 3 Dec 1995 07:05:06 -0500 (EST) you wrote:

>I think a CP browser is just the ticket to change the way the world works.
>How about this:
[snip]
>	- Funds produced go to support worthy causes, support a permanent
>		home for CP, and support anti GAK efforts (lobying, etc.)

A while back it was mentioned here that Eric Hughes set up Cypherpunk
Labs, Inc, and it was supposed to provide scholarships to
crypto-minded students and offer computational resources for those
late-night factoring sessions.  Did anything ever happen with that?  I
could use a scholarship about now...;)

>I think the CP browser should include an embedded language (not Java -
>maybe a version of LISP) that does a far better job than Java of assuring
>limitations on what programs can do.  It should also support faking the

I think Java is going to become a standard to run with.  It's pretty
close to C, so it isn't hard to pick up and it performs acceptibly.
While I don't mind coding in LISP or Scheme, I think most programmers
in the trenches would rather fight than recurse.
						Dan

#define private public						dan at milliways.org
Worcester Polytechnic Institute and The Restaurant at the End of the Universe