ANNOUNCEMENT: ALICE'S ADDRESS REVEALED.

Laszlo Vecsey master at internexus.net
Sun Dec 3 08:37:10 PST 1995

> As I promised, I've now opened a channel so that anyone who wants to
> can send Alice de 'nonymous email.  I can now be reached via
> an455120 at anon.penet.fi.  Mail sent to Alice de 'nonymous at that
> address will get to me, and I will do my best to reply to you as well,
> but I can't guarantee, anything.

I don't think that was a smart thing to do. Your real email is now
registered in some database in Finland - how difficult would it be to
retrieve it? From what I remember organizations like Scientology had no
problem getting real emails from anon.penet.fi when they reported that
anXXXXXX was causing trouble... couldn't the same be done for your account?
If that single system becomes compromised one day all the accounts could be
posted on some web page somewhere and it would be a simple matter of
looking you up! Signing your message with PGP and using Mixmaster would
give yourself an identity while still keeping you anonymous.