Netscape Feeding Frenzy

Aleph One aleph1 at dfw.net
Sat Dec 2 13:15:18 PST 1995

	It sad to see to many bright people trial and condem a company
or its employees in such a short time and with so little evidense.
Yes, I like you, dont want to see GAK on Netscape products. But this
is ridiculous. It reminds me of the Microsoft Win95 fiasco. (And I do hate
Microsoft). Remember all the heat they took just because someone claimed
that the installation software took a snapshoot of your system and network
and then gave it to Microsoft through the MSN. It even made it into trade
magazines like InformationWeek. Of curse they then had their tail between
their legs when they realized that it was just the registration wizard
that asked for permission and that the information uploaded was much
less intrusive.

Aleph One / aleph1 at dfw.net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01