"Got a subpoena?"

Jeff Hupp jhupp at novellnet.gensys.com
Fri Dec 1 22:58:11 PST 1995

On 30 Nov 95 at 12:56, Jay Campbell wrote:

: >> "finessing" laws will become more important.  In short, they WILL have
: >> a subpoena--then what?
: >
: >	Then they'll find out that I don't have any information that
: >could help them, anyway.
:
: What about a court order to (a) start comprehensive logging, and (b) not
: tell anyone under penalty of ______ .

	And at that point, you shut down the remailer and log each and every
bounce.

	Now, they could get an order forcing you to run a remailer ~ but that
would open up a whole new can of worms i.e. can you be forced, under
court order, to commit a crime?

--
JHupp at gensys.com           |For PGP Public Key:
http://gensys.com          |finger jhupp at gensys.com
Autocracy is based on the assumption that one man is wiser
than a million men.  How's that again?  I missed something.