NIST Key Escrow meeting

Black Unicorn unicorn at access.digex.net
Wed Aug 30 20:13:07 PDT 1995

On Wed, 30 Aug 1995, Lucky Green wrote:

> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 19:58:52 -0800
> From: Lucky Green <shamrock at netcom.com>
> To: cypherpunks at toad.com
> Subject: Re: NIST Key Escrow meeting
>
> At 7:51 8/30/95, Flame Remailer wrote:
> >Subject: NIST Key Escrow Meeting Discussion Papers
> >
> >Key Escrow Issues Meeting, September 6-7, 1995
> >Discussion Paper #1
>
> [Old and new GAK requirenments elided]
> >With your input, we are hopeful that this effort will lead to
> >definitive criteria, which will facilitate the development of
> >exportable products and help minimize the time required to obtain
> >export licenses.  The Administration seeks to finalize such
> >criteria and make formal conforming modifications to the export
> >regulations before the end of 1995.
> >

> >Note:  These issues will be discussed at the Key Escrow Issues
> >Meeting to be held September 6-7, 1995 (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) at
> >the National Institute of Standards and Technology (Gaithersburg,
> >Maryland).  The meeting will be open to the public, although
> >seating is limited.  Advance registration is requested, please
> >contact Arlene Carlton on 301/975-3240, fax: 301/948-1784 or e-
> >mail: carlton at micf.nist.gov.
>
> Will any Cypherpunks attend this meeting? I sure hope we get to make our
> ideas know.

I will attempt to attend, but I will not be speaking, sorry.

At the least, if I can make it, I will try to post a summary.

> -- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com>
>    PGP encrypted mail preferred.

00B9289C28DC0E55 nemo repente fuit turpissimus - potestas scientiae in usu est
E16D5378B81E1C96 quaere verum ad infinitum, loquitur sub rosa    -    wichtig!
*New Key Information*    -    Finger for key revocation and latest key update.