A glance at the future of missing child identification

Alan Westrope adwestro at ouray.cudenver.edu
Tue Aug 29 14:14:35 PDT 1995

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, tcmay at got.net (Timothy C. May) wrote:

> At 4:48 PM 8/28/95, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> >Believe it or not, something like this is being used (or is being prepared
> >for use) in breast implants.  An article in the Houston (silicone city)
> >Chronicle about a month ago (sorry, I can't produce a more exact reference)
> >stated that new soybean oil breast implants are being manufactured to
> >accept an identification device to track information on the patient and the
> >implanting doctor.

> Big Brother? Big Sister? Naw, it's "Big Tits."

Or "Twin PKCS."  This may explain Anne Taylor Fleming's apparent confusion
on a recent MacNeil/Lehrer segment -- she repeatedly referred to Cliff
Stoll's latest excoriation of cyberspace as _Silicone Snake Oil_, remember?

Maybe she's heard rumors about the Justice Dept. investigating an
impending Microsoft-DuPont merger to corner the market...

Sorry, but it's slow with so many folks in Aspen or Santa Barbara.

Alan Westrope                  <awestrop at nyx10.cs.du.edu>
__________/|-,                 <adwestro at ouray.cudenver.edu>
   (_)    \|-'                  2.6.2 public key: finger / servers
PGP 0xB8359639:  D6 89 74 03 77 C8 2D 43   7C CA 6D 57 29 25 69 23