Cypherpunk Brute Squad [Re: SSL Challenge: Server problems]

Christian Wettergren cwe at Csli.Stanford.EDU
Fri Aug 25 12:19:29 PDT 1995

| > those who have logs
| > ===================

    [about manually updating ACKs]

Unfortunately, I don't dare do that, since my machines has crashed
a few times. (nightly reboots for example.)

I guess you dare do it if there is a no-line in the log.

Couldn't you insert some code that measures the time it has taken
that particular IP-number to ACK other block, and timeout the
reservation after double that time or something similar? In this case
you don't run the risk of ACKing a block with the key in it.

Some more work for the server! :-)

/Christian