brloop not working

Thomas Grant Edwards tedwards at src.umd.edu
Thu Aug 24 15:24:31 PDT 1995

On Thu, 24 Aug 1995, Piete Brooks wrote:

> That's the problem -- "brclient -dklLtssl" failed to return any keys,
> [ congestion of the server :-((( ]
> so brutessl was called with just the "-" which brloop put there.

I see that can happen, but there is also:

++ brclient -dklLtssl
++ brclient -AlLtssl
++ read a
++ read a
++ nice -20 brutessl - 2977 d42f 1
       brutessl [-q] -r <filename> [<no of segments>]
       brutessl [-q] -t [<hours>[:<minutes>]]
++ echo

Where apparently I did get d42f, but brutessl 1.02 choked - I am going to
take the advic of the other poster and add the "--" to the command.
Again this is on a Linux box.  I suggest that other Linuxers check their
logfile for this behaviour.

-Thomas