Linux brutessl client

zinc zinc at zifi.genetics.utah.edu
Thu Aug 24 00:54:28 PDT 1995

On Thu, 24 Aug 1995, Piete Brooks wrote:

> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 07:50:32 +0100
> From: Piete Brooks <Piete.Brooks at cl.cam.ac.uk>
> To: zinc <zinc at zifi.genetics.utah.edu>
> Cc: Sam Quigley <poodge at econ.Berkeley.EDU>, cypherpunks at toad.com
> Subject: Re: Linux brutessl client
>
> I discovered that there was a problem with "require" under perl 5.001
> (if one does a require on getopts.pl, the perl CRASHES with some flag
> combinations) so I inlined getopts.pl, and changed the comments, but left
> the first part of the sentance -- the "if you have no getopts" was omitted.
>
> SO: in brief do *NOT* add the "s" flag to the first line of brclient !

i just want to mention that i obtained the newest code from the web site,
compiled and everything is working fine.  i started brloop as a
background process, hope that's ok...

anyway, seems to be doing ok.  i guess i'll know tomorrow when the
cracking starts.

i think i'll try to get things working on an SGI i have access to as well.

-pjf

patrick finerty = zinc at zifi.genetics.utah.edu = pfinerty at nyx.cs.du.edu
U of Utah biochem grad student in the Bass lab - zinc fingers + dsRNA!
** FINGER zinc-pgp at zifi.genetics.utah.edu for pgp public key - CRYPTO!
zifi runs LINUX 1.2.11 -=-=-=WEB=-=-=->  http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu