Linux brutessl client

zinc zinc at zifi.genetics.utah.edu
Wed Aug 23 22:44:43 PDT 1995

On Wed, 23 Aug 1995, Sam Quigley wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 21:48:33 -0700
> From: Sam Quigley <poodge at econ.Berkeley.EDU>
> To: cypherpunks at toad.com
> Subject: Linux brutessl client
>

> Hi.
>
> I've been able to compile a working brutessl 1.02 cllient under linux
> and gcc 2.7.0, but I get abysmal search speeds.
>
> My system is a pentium 60, which, according to the docs, ought to have
> a speed of something over 14100 kps (that's what a 486dx2/66 with no
> rotate left macro gets).
>
> brutessl -t reports that my system can do 11200 keys per second.

i'm running linux 1.2.11 on my DX4-100 (might be faster than your P60)
and i get these results..

zifi:~/crypto/ssl> brutessl -t

                                BruteSSL 1.0

Self test... OK

17 minutes and 8 seconds per segment, 16300 keys per second.
zifi:~/crypto/ssl> file brutessl
brutessl: ELF 32-bit LSB executable i386 (386 and up) Version 1

the perl code doesn't seem to work quite right for me though, giving
errors when i try to use more than one option at a time, ie.

Identifier "main::dkltrc4" used only once: possible typo.

anyway, i'm not sure i'll be participating this time as i won't be around
too much.

ciao,

- -pjf

patrick finerty = zinc at zifi.genetics.utah.edu = pfinerty at nyx.cs.du.edu
U of Utah biochem grad student in the Bass lab - zinc fingers + dsRNA!
** FINGER zinc-pgp at zifi.genetics.utah.edu for pgp public key - CRYPTO!
zifi runs LINUX 1.2.11 -=-=-=WEB=-=-=->  http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu