Where is the key cracking farming software?

Dan Bailey dan at milliways.org
Fri Aug 18 07:48:18 PDT 1995

On Fri, 18 Aug 1995 02:11:00 -0400 you wrote:

>With all the talk about cracking SSL, where is the cracking software?
>Sombody just offered me a six Pentium workstation, if I agree to give it a
>"real workout". I'd like to be able to say: "Sure, will do."

There must be several versions of the code at this point.  The
Cypherpunks release, Damien's release and whoever else wrote some code
to do the chore.  If someone could pass me a pointer to the version
that's best-commented and most understandable (one man's C is another
man's crypto) I'd like to port it to Windows NT and write a simple
installation to install it as a service.
	Perhaps a general-purpose OO bruteforcing library (addition to
Crypto++?) would be a good idea.  Just pass a pointers to the
encrypt() and decrypt() functions to use for this session to the
Cracker object, which in turn takes a number of bits and starts
cracking.:)
	The problem with this is the disparity among out-of-the-box encrypt
and decrypt functions.  But I suppose it's nothing that couldn't be
overcome with wrapper functions.  Just thinking out loud. :)
						Dan
"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes                            Dan Bailey
"I don't think, therefore I'm a moustache." - Sartre		    dan at milliways.org
Worcester Polytechnic Institute and The Restaurant at the End of the Universe