Idle compute cycles [Re: Netscape's Offical Response]

Damien Doligez Damien.Doligez at inria.fr
Thu Aug 17 11:02:01 PDT 1995

>From: Jim Gillogly <jim at acm.org>
>and one thing that seems to miss the point.

As usual, I agree with all Jim has to say, but there's another problem
with Netscape's response: they UNDERestimate the cost of breaking
RC4-128 (by brute force) by a factor of about 300 trillion.

If someone know of an URL for Netscape's response, I'll be glad to
include a pointer in my virtual press conference.  I would have to ask
for permission before I put a copy on my disks.  Copyrights, you
know...

-- Damien