Java, Netscape, OpenDoc, and Babel

strick at Jihad strick at yak.net
Thu Aug 3 15:42:08 PDT 1995

> But in which framework or language, given the profusion of frameworks and
> languages?
>
> We had some TCL advocates a while back (Strick, Hal...)...any reaction to Java?

TCL solved my specific problem at that time.  Unfortunately I haven't
studied Java.  PM's comments (as usual) intrigue and bother me; I
need to study it.

TCL's biggest problem is that it's slow -- it's designed to be used
in the parts where speed doesn't really matter -- and it sounds
like java sovles that.

Perry -- do you have the same basic objection to Safe-TCL that you do
do to Java?  I would think so.

			strick