Object Oriented Crypto API

Adam Shostack adam at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 3 11:22:19 PDT 1995

| I enjoyed Ray's message about the crypto library interface.  I haven't
| had time to study it closely, but I have a couple of quick comments:

	I thought it was very well done as well, with one ommission,
other than the one Hal noted.  There should be a compress function,
becuase messages should be compressed before encryption takes place.

	Giving the library a zip() call also makes it possible to
suggest the library in more circumstances.  When people ask 'where can
I snarf some compression code?' we can point them to a library that
does strong crypto as well.

Adam

					               -Hume