Using MacPGP to revoke a key...

Adam J. Gerstein Gerstein at scsu.ctstateu.edu
Thu Aug 3 08:13:14 PDT 1995

Sorry to bother y'all with such an amateur question, but I can't find this
in TFM, so I figured I'd ask those who are more in the know.....

Anyway, I'm considering revoking my public key because it's been out there
a while and I'm feeling the urge to change to a larger key, but I'm not
clear on how to revoke the old one. Do I just make a text file with my new
key in it, explain that I'm revoking the old one, sign it with my new key
and then post it to the list? Or do I just send it to a keyserver?

Again, I'm sorry to be asking y'all about something so easy. I don't want
to start a whole new thread about this, so if you've got something helpful
to add, please send it via private mail.

Thanks,
adam

"Practice safe HEX - always use a keyboard condom" - anon
PGP Key available by finger or mail with the sub: PGPKEY
|(e)Mail me:                    |  MacGeek at eWorld.com   |
|  Gerstein at scsu.ctstateu.edu   |  AGerstein at aol.com    |
                    EWWWWW! - Betsy
             Shop smart! Shop S-Mart! - Ash