The mother of all FAQs

rishab at dxm.ernet.in rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Fri Sep 16 08:01:56 PDT 1994

Tim May says:
> I've decided to give my FAQ a name, to prevent confusion. "THE
> CYPHERNOMICON" is what I call it. (If the reference is obscure, I can
> explain.)
>
> The main file is 1.3 MB. It takes about 12-15 minutes to transfer

This is really the "Mother of all FAQs" - the largest I've seen so far are
less than 500k! Actually, I've spotted a trend in recent FAQs - they're no
longer a list of Frequently Asked (or Answered ;-) Questions, but a sort of
encyclopaedic guide to the group/topic.

Well, if newbies _read_ this one, the SNR on this list should soar
exponentially!

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
rishab at dxm.ernet.in                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA