privacy in Unix environment

Vladimir Z. Nuri vznuri at netcom.com
Thu Sep 15 20:07:49 PDT 1994

Hello everyone, here is a question well suited for the c'punks.
I'm looking for some kind of utility that will allow script files
to be run, to spawn off processes, but will wipe out environment
and "ps" info from being read. i.e. imagine that the commands
being called must shield their arguments and environment from
the "ps" command run on a system. the ideal program would let
me run csh scripts but make all the unix commands called
(sort, grep, whatever) invisible to other users on my local
system.

can it be done?

note: I am aware of the trick of using symbolic links to hide
command names.

tx.
bye