How Did This Get Done?

Phil Karn karn at qualcomm.com
Tue Sep 6 11:08:41 PDT 1994

>That's one of the ways, some stupid fool got caught mailing a death threat
>to the president using forged mail from 'never.gonna.catch.me.org'

Another way that people often let themselves be caught is that they
inevitably send a test message to themselves right before the forged
message in question. This shows up clearly in the sending system's
sendmail logs. It's a point to consider with remailer chains too,
if you don't trust the last machine on the chain.

Phil