State Declaration of Ind.

L. Todd Masco cactus at bb.com
Thu Sep 1 23:51:30 PDT 1994

In article <940901.205941.4v5.rusnews.w165w at sendai.cybrspc.mn.org>,
Roy M. Silvernail <roy at sendai.cybrspc.mn.org> wrote:
>Ever since the breakup of the former Soviet Union, I have wondered just
>what _is_ holding the USA together.  Within our borders, I think we show
>far more diversity than the former USSR had.  Yet we remain "unified",
>even in the face of ever-growing erosion of citizens' rights.

Yah.

I've wondered about this myself;  If one goes through the Federalist
 Papers, all the arguments made for the formation of the Republic are
 obselete (unless you believe Canada or Mexica is a real threat: I
 don't).

Many of the SF writers forecast a future where something big has grown
 out of the US to be first some sort of western (or northern) hemisphere
 giant, and then futher.  I think this is way off the mark.

I have great hopes for computer networking as a technology: There are
 those who don't realize or who deny that the social impact of this
 technology will be huge: they probably would have said that the printing
 press wouldn't have a large impact, either.
--
L. Todd Masco  | "Which part of 'shall not be infringed' didn't
cactus at bb.com  |   you understand?"