data havens and operator protection

Eric Hughes hughes at ah.com
Thu Oct 6 04:57:19 PDT 1994

   When the site is up, please don't store much as I do not
   have that much disk space, and ENCRYPT your files.  I fear
   that someone will send me some stuff that is very illegal,
   and leave it in the clear.

I'd suggest that you test for various entropies of distribution, and
reject anything that doesn't look random.  I'd also suggest testing
for various magic numbers such as for compressed files (various
formats) and executables.

Either you should concern yourself _and_ do something about it, or
not.  Worrying about it and not preventing what you are concerned
about is silly.

Eric