Bomb information ban

John Blair jdblair at phoenix.sas.muohio.edu
Tue Oct 4 08:39:40 PDT 1994

<cjl at welchlink.welch,jhu.edu> writes:

> Query:  Why is it that, when the usual stream of crypto-conversation
> begins to dry up, the topic of bombs comes up?  Maybe crypto-anarchists
> should seek to replace the traditional symbol of anarchy (you know, the
> bowling ball with the fuse) with something more moderne.  Any suggestions
> on what the well-dressed (black trenchcoat and fedora, for tradition's
> sake) crypto-anarchist is seen clutching in his hand as he skulks off into
> shadows of Blacknet???  You know, something that would make a good .gif.

My favorite anarchist symbol is the monkey wrench.  I don't know exactly
how much this applies this this group, but I can definately envision
crypto-monkey wrenchers (if not simply net monkey wrenchers).

-john

John Blair: <jdblair at nextsrv.cas.muohio.edu> | this space for rent...
voice: (513) 529-3980                        |
Unix System Administrator, Juggler           |
Student of Interdisciplinary Studies         |     (finger me for PGP key)