The Market for Crypto--A Curmudgeon's View

David Taffs dat at ebt.com
Wed Nov 30 10:34:45 PST 1994

   From Eric:

   Does a mark or a delay constitute an "effective bar" from
   participation on this list?  I think not, although I'm entertaining
   arguments.

A mark? No. A delay? Yes. Delays hurt the readers more than the posters,
and help make discussions even more incoherent than usual, a bad thing
for everybody IMHO.

Marking is cool; validating and including a validation mark [yes/no] is
even better. Forget the delay idea; it seems to me to hurt things more
than it would help, and punishes the wrong people.

No amount of coercion (at least no amount that I anticipate now) would get
me to use digital signatures on my outgoing mail, until it gets substantially
easier for me. It is hard enough to keep up with this list as it is.

--
<dat at ebt.com> (david taffs)