The pain of encrypting email

dmandl at bear.com dmandl at bear.com
Wed Nov 30 06:58:30 PST 1994

> Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
>
> > Because premail makes it incredibly easy to use PGP on a unix box.

"Incredibly easy" is an exaggeration, since the docs themselves
say that you need root privileges to install premail properly.
The alternative is using premail in stand-alone mode, i.e., entering
your mail line-by-line a la the generic mail program!  Now, I think
premail is beautiful, but the bottom line is that at this point it's
not something I can actually use, like most email-encrypting tools I
hear about, alas.

   --Dave.