Mandatory sig workaround

Eric Hughes eric at remailer.net
Tue Nov 29 23:07:24 PST 1994

   Eric sets the list to slow down unsigned posts and somebody else sets up
   a remailer that generates a key for each post, signs it, and forwards
   it.

   It always happens that when hacker A tries to enforce an arbitrary rule
   on other hackers, hacker B will find an automatic workaround.

Fine.  I still win.  My purpose is to communicate that I want list
users to use encryption.  If you feel the need to use someone else's
service, then you have at least been exposed to the fact that
signatures are desired at toad.com.

Some people may find a way around it.  OK.  I still get the initial
sign-on message that new users see.  Most people get the message.
That's what I want.

Eric