NEW REMAILER CONCEPT

Anonymous nobody at jpunix.com
Fri Nov 25 19:03:22 PST 1994

Rishab wrote -

[...original post bobbitted...]

RI>     This is exactly the sort of thing I'd like. I asked about
        this earlier but didn't get a very positive response. I haven't
        found a convenient way of using existing CP remailer features
        to: 1. accept encrypted mail, decrypt it and forward plaintext
        2. receive mail for my pseudonym, _encrypt_ it and forward it
        to me.
RI>     Such a remailer with a simple interface would, in my opinion, be
        the ideal 'entry level' remailer for a wide audience.
RI>     (1) apparently can be managed, but I couldn't figure out a
        simple way to do (2) with current remailers.

The no 2 exists. And it works. It is a *great* system with the only
minus being that the address you create for yourself (your pseudonym)
looks silly.

You yourself define the reply block and it can be a PGP-nestled chain
through as many other remailers as you want before "hitting home". All
incoming mails are PGP -c encrypted with a password you choose
(which password you have previously sent off to the remailer
inside a PGP message encrypted with its public key).

For the public key and instructions, send a remailer-help msg to:
mg5n+remailer-help at andrew.cmu.edu (Automated reply from mail software)

Mail forwarding addresses are of the format mg5n+alias!nickname at andrew.cmu.edu
where "nickname" is a nickname of your choosing.  To create a mail alias,
create an encrypted 'reply-block' for a cypherpunks-style remailer.

-x-