Brad Templeton's fears

rishab at dxm.ernet.in rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Fri Nov 25 11:53:43 PST 1994

> * When he grasped the basic idea, of chained mixes, he got quite upset
> and said they were "threats" to his business. (Anonymous forwarding of
> ClariNet articles happens, of course. Brad was expecting that he could
> get a court order, if it came down to that, and was shocked to hear
> that the Cypherpunks model does not make this possible.)

He'd have been even more shocked if you told him about other future
technologies such as DC-Nets... Of course if faced with a situation he'd
probably try to claim 'conspiracy'.

> 1. Get as many _remailer accounts_ offshore as quickly as possible.
> 2. Separate the "ownership of a machine" from "remailer accounts."
> There is no good reason for the owner of a machine that does remailing
> to actually be doing the remailing. And many good reasons why a
> particular machine should have _many_ separate "mail accounts" that
> actually are the remailes. (This is the "remailer-in-a-box" I've been

I volunteer again to lend my name (and a little money) to any
'remailer-in-a-box' account. Wasn't Sameer saying something about setting
them up at c2.org?

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
rishab at dxm.ernet.in                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
rishab at arbornet.org
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA