CID

David K. Merriman merriman at metronet.com
Tue Nov 22 13:55:03 PST 1994

>>I've got the specs for a program to use with your modem to generate
>>what'll resemble a full CID.  So with the computer set up to dial, even
>>standard voice calls too and faxes, too, can be equipped with a fake
>>field (or "header" if you will), displaying a homemade caller ID.
>>
>>Since it uses the exact same structure as the real caller ID, no telco
>>along the entire system will ever doubt it.  I can send the full
>>specifications if you are seriously interested in doing the code in
>>full or in part.  Sorry, I can't implement it myself (lack of skills).

I, for one, would be *very much* interested in receiving the specs and any
additional information you could provide.

Dave Merriman (not _caring_ who you are, where you're from, etc :-)
Finger merriman at metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome and encouraged.
War is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.   Ignorance is Strength.       No?