Wired Whitehall

Mike McNally m5 at vail.tivoli.com
Tue Nov 22 10:05:10 PST 1994

Has anyone heard off or seen a report by a UK firm called "Kable"
entitled "Wired Whitehall 1999"?  I've just been looking at a summary
of parts of it, and it seems scary: national ID cards and a concept
called "Single Citizen's Account" for management of money flow from
(and certainly to) the government.  This fits with what Levy described
as the low-resistance path most likely to be taken for online money
schemes: more visibility, less privacy.

| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <m5 at tivoli.com>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |
|     (actual fortune cookie) ||| "Like A Little Bit of Semi-Heaven" |