more on twwells

an234 at vox.xs4all.nl an234 at vox.xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 21 21:23:13 PST 1994

The discussion we've seen here re the reputation of the anon
server at twwells.com has found its way to the a.s.a.r.
newsgroup.  Most, if not all, of the thread has been posted
there via the khijol anon-server, including Tim's repost of
Mr. Wells' remarks to the list.

These posts to a.s.a.r. evidently prompted this from Mr. Wells:

>Sat, 19 Nov 1994 10:11:29
>alt.sexual.abuse.recovery
>Phui!
>bill at twwells.com  <T. William Wells at None, Mt. Laurel, NJ>
>
>I'm having a nice time at a science fiction convention and a brand
>new, well paying job to return to Monday, and other good things
>are happening in my life. I'm not going to let Ed and the cohort
>of Wells-bashers spoil things for me. I won't play, and that's
>that.
>
>I know that some of you will be concerned about what they're
>saying. If you are, you can send me e-mail and ask whatever you
>want. Alternately, there are plenty of people on asar who are not
>involved in this whole mess, who will give you straight, unbiased
>answers.
>
>I can be reached at: bill at twwells.com, admin at anon.twwells.com, or,
>anonymously, at anon-0 at anon.twwells.com.
>
>Other than that, I'm out of this. The khijol server, being little
>more than a blind for Ed and his own, I'm killfiling entirely, as
>well as the threads concerning my server (including this one). If
>there is going to be yet another (this has been going on for over
>two years!) anon server flame-war, I will not be a part of it.
>
>Take care everyone, and may you find the healing you need.

And the posts have apparently caused one user of Wells' service to
become a former-user:

>Sat, 19 Nov 1994 00:21:55
>alt.sexual.abuse.recovery
>Re: T. Wells Anon Service--His Comments
>laurahelen at delphi.com  <Laura Helen at Delphi>
>
>T W Wells writes:
>>>
>>>I provide a service to people who, at least in specific areas,
>>>are not rational, who are definitely irrational. I know of, for
>>>example, one person who went into convulsions simply because they
>>>received e-mail from a person who, many years ago, had abused a
>>>child.
>>>

>this sounds like my fucking father -- I want more respect than this.
>No I am not the person he's referring to but I trust an anon server to
>be neutral, forward messages and not make highly personal and judgemental
>comments on survivors.  Fuck him.  I'm not using that server any more.
>
>I suppose this will be labelled "irrational" by some.
>
>I don't even believe in a separation between the head and the heart.
>
>It's pretty warped.
>
>I feel betrayed.
>
>                        Laura

N. Cognito

 N. Cognito                  "Don't put no constrictions on da people.
 an234 at vox.xs4all.nl          Leave 'em ta hell alone."  -- J. Durante
public key available via keyserver