I Like ASCII, not MIME and Other Fancy Crap

David K. Merriman merriman at metronet.com
Sat Nov 19 06:09:10 PST 1994

>>One last note: I read my mail on-line, interspersed with reading
>>NetNews. Although I have Eudora, and of course use it, I don't use it
>>for routine work (for one thing, it may take 20 minutes to download my
>>mail, so I tend to use it when I'm heading out to do something else,
>>or to go to sleep, etc.). So all the "solutions" that involve using
>>Eudora are not my cup of tea. That's just the way it is.
>
>Twenty minutes for your mail? How fast a modem do you use?

That, or how much email do you get? I can d/l the email I found this morning
(17 messages, mostly this list) in under 2 minutes.

>Let's take that poll of what people use. I am curious.

PC Eudora, Trumpet, the WS_* 'suite', Mosaic. Ran Chameleon for a while, but
got tired of GPFs, hiccups, etc - finally concluded that it ate dirt, and
scrammed it.

Dave Merriman
Finger merriman at metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome and encouraged.
War is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.   Ignorance is Strength.       No?