mail-to-usenet

an234 at vox.xs4all.nl an234 at vox.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 18 15:22:40 PST 1994

On Fri, 18 Nov 1994, Anonymous wrote:

> Can someone please list the mail-to-news gateways that are available,
> and any discrepancies aboyr message acceptance based on SUBJECT: line.
>
>Thanks,
>
>- spooge

Many remailers offer a mail-to-usenet feature.  From Raph Levien's
most recent list of reliable remailers:

[....]
>  You can also get this list by fingering
>  remailer-list at kiwi.cs.berkeley.edu.

>$remailer{"vox"} = "<remail at vox.xs4all.nl> cpunk pgp. post";
>$remailer{"avox"} = "<anon at vox.hacktic.nl> cpunk pgp post";
[...]
>$remailer{"penet"} = "<anon at anon.penet.fi> penet post";
[...]
>$remailer{"usura"} = "<usura at xs4all.nl> cpunk pgp. hash latent cut post";
>$remailer{"desert"} = "<remail at desert.xs4all.nl> cpunk pgp. post";
>$remailer{"underdog"} = "<lmccarth at ducie.cs.umass.edu> cpunk pgp hash
>                                                        latent cut post";
[...]
>$remailer{"xs4all"} = "<remailer at xs4all.nl> cpunk pgp hash latent cut
>                                                                post ek";
>$remailer{"flame"} = "<tomaz at flame.sinet.org> cpunk pgp hash latent cut
>                                                                post ek";

[....]

>   Options and features

[...]

>   post
>          Post to Usenet using Post-To: or Anon-Post-To: header.

[....]

In addition, here are the names and syntax requirements of the
mail-to-usenet gateways that I know of.  Most of these I got by
fingering remailer-list at chaos.bsu.edu a few months ago.  I make
no claims that this list is either current or complete.  Additions
and corrections are welcome.

group.name at demon.co.uk
group.name at news.demon.co.uk
group.name at bull.com
group.name at cass.ma02.bull.com
group.name at undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
group.name at charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
group.name at comlab.ox.ac.uk
group.name at nic.funet.fi
group.name at cs.dal.ca
group.name at ug.cs.dal.ca
group.name at paris.ics.uci.edu (removes headers)
group.name.usenet at decwrl.dec.com (preserves all headers)
group.name at cs.texas.edu
group.name at myriad.pc.cc.cmu.edu

Note:  mail-to-usenet gateways do not anonymize messages before
posting.  If you want to post anonymously use a remailer to send
mail to the gateway.

As far as your "message acceptance based on SUBJECT: line,"
I have never heard of any restrictions.

Trying to be helpful,

N. Cognito