pointers to IETF drafts

strick -- henry strickland strick at versant.com
Fri Nov 18 13:27:52 PST 1994

THUS SPAKE "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at imsi.com>:
#
# Some of us are participants in the IETF, are even on the IPSEC working
# group, and are well aware of the pending work on IPng and IPv4
# security, and don't want Yet Another Copy of these things. If you
# insist, why not just note that there are drafts pending and not
# forward each of the announcement messages?

If he were to do that,  people would ask (or at least wonder)
	1.  just what is this?
and
	2.  where can I get it?

It turns out the announcment is only two or three pages long,
and about 1/3 of it answers question 1,
and the other 2/3 answers (for various clients) question 2.

I thought it was a very appropriate way of using the list --
a good comprimise between spamming and being silent.
I was able to quickly determine if I was interested (I was),
and use my favorite way to fetch it (since I'm not in metamail,
I grabbed the URLs and LYNXed them.)

		strick