Cash

Jamie Lawrence jamiel at sybase.com
Fri Nov 18 11:50:09 PST 1994

At 12:25 PM 11/18/94, Dana Albrecht wrote:
>>From alt.2600...
>
>In article 8imYglW00iV8M5q0dV at andrew.cmu.edu, Andrew Lewis Tepper
><at15+ at andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

>> bill's top edge and gently pulling it out. I've heard that airports will
>> soon have "Money Detectors" that will count total cash carried per
>> person. I'd like to figure out how the system works. I also think it

This one has been flying around ever since the strips were
put in place. It has been refuted as techically infeasable.
(I don't remember the exact arguement, it had to do with the
strips being mostly nonreactive and there being no real way to
count how many/what denomination is in a stack.)

>Assuming this is true, it would seem that even good, old fashioned,
>paper currency doesn't provide the level of anonymity that one
>would think.  Scary...

Also, realize that some places to look for that strip and if you
pull it it might not be accepted (most places that check only look
at $50s and $100s, though).

-j